vehicle educational training equipment is designed to help instructors teach Supplemental Restraint systems and their interaction on the Honda F (fast) CAN Bus and functional Kline network ,and is based on a 3rd generation 2015-2017 Honda Fit. This trainer may be used by instructors for ensuring student understanding of the basic system fundamentals and functionality. Programs at all levels will also find this trainer adapts well to hands on work including system analysis and diagnosis without the worry of live airbag or seatbelt tensioner deployment. While the solid-propellant inflators are already detonated, the circuits function as normal in a fully live system providing the learner with real world hands on experience. An important feature is that EVERY SINGLE CONNECTOR has its own test points and a connector disconnect/connect switch that helps to enable the available 26 systems faults for real diagnosis without potential damaging of OEM connectors with repeated disconnect/connect cycles.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR MY STUDENTS ?
Students have quick, visible accessibility to a complete restraint system without having to disassemble a car. With no live components on this trainer, safety is a major benefit for the students. While the individual solid-propellant inflators are inert, this trainer functions like a live system providing students with real world, hands on experience. The trainer features faults for every circuit which will challenge their troubleshooting ability.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME ?
Instructors will appreciate the time-saving qualities of this trainer with accessibility to a complete supplemental restraint system without the hassle of disassembling a car. The size and portability of this trainer saves space in a cramped classroom and makes moving it to multiple classrooms easy. There is a fault for every circuit to enable students to troubleshoot the whole system. Complete student assignments, instructor and operation manuals are included with the trainer.
• No codes are present and the SRS light is not illuminated with the ignition power on.
• The 26 insertable faults trigger OEM DTC’s (diagnostic trouble codes).
• The DTC’s generated by the faults can be diagnosed using OEM service procedures and the fault location can be identified.
• Both seats travel fully forward and rearward.
• The passenger seat occupant weight can be simulated to apply weight to the seat occupant sensors.
• Powered by a CSA/UL 120/12V power supply.
• All impact sensors are installed on studs with thumb nuts retaining them. This is to allow for easy removal and replacement.
• All solid-propellant inflators have been detonated and are inert. There is NO danger of any deployment of inflators.
• The SRS ECU breakout box is represented on the dashboard with terminal identifications that resemble the connector end views.
• There is a pull-out shelf/drawer for a scan tool.
• The DLC (Diagnostic Link Connector) is present with an accompanying DLC breakout box with indicator lights. SUPPORT MATERIALS
• The complete training system comes with the following support materials:
• Operation manual, instructor manual and student manual including schematics and answer keys for the instructor
• Breakout box terminal identifications with accompanying documentation to guide students
• General safety warnings about how vehicle air bags are deployed.
DESCRIPTION OF EQUIPMENT
• Honda OEM components (recycled) including:
• SDM Module (Sensing and Diagnostic Module)
• Impact sensors
• Dashboard (IPC cluster)
• Steering wheel
• Steering column
• OBDII Diagnostic Datalink Connector (DLC) is present with an accompanying DLC breakout box.
• Two front seats with position, presence, and weight sensors functional
• The rails of the two front seats with their position, presence, and weight sensors
• All solid-propellant inflators in the airbags and tensioners have been deployed for safety and have been replaced with the appropriate resistances to represent actual system resistance. OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
• Dust cover
• Remote training VEHICLE APPLICATION
• 2015-2017 Honda Fit 5 door with automatic transmission (3rd gen) PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
• Dimensions: 32” L x 50“ W x 52 “ H
• Weight: 300+ LBS POWER REQUIREMENTS
• 120V 15A standard outlet